POSTCARDS: NEW ZEALAND 2016

Tuesday, November 22, 2016
| | |
DSC_1563

I don't think my camera skills can justify how beautiful New Zealand is! The mountains, the crystal clear waters, the snow, everything is so overwhelmingly beautiful that I couldn't quite believe such a place existed. I remember the first time I went to NZ, my 12 year old eyes could only focus on the snow. I mean, I grew up in Sydney and we rarely get snow, if ever, and so seeing the snow for the first time felt like magic! And then I remembered snow is cold and I don't have gloves and so my fingers were tingling for the rest of the day. But enough about 9 years ago, this time I saw NZ with more maturity and more appreciation. It amazes me that a whole city, much less a whole country, can be hounded by tourists and still preserve their environment and live in a sustainable manner. The generosity and kindness of the locals astounds me, and New Zealand is truly a destination I would go to over and over again.

Over the last few weeks, New Zealand has been hit with earthquakes and aftershocks and I urge everyone, if you can, to donate to the Red Cross NZ to help out those affected. You can find a link here to donate.

These photos were all taken on South Island around Queenstown, Milford Sound and Lake Wanaka.

DSC_0393DSC_0274DSC_0115DSC_0096 03DSC_0158DSC_0321DSC_0118DSC_0043 DSC_0093DSC_007301

My thoughts and prayers go out to those affected in New Zealand.